Contact Us : 780-467-3848

Please Install Flash Player
Download from here


Funding Home

Eastgate Physiotherapy offers many services (link) and many different options for accessing physiotherapy services. We work with you to find the most suitable and appropriate options for you. Medical referrals are generally not required.

The following are some of the funding options available:

Alberta Health Services (AHS)

Medical referral not required

There is limited funding available. Funding is based on determination of needs (DON) score

All Albertan’s with valid Alberta Health Care are entitled to one assessment and two treatment sessions, once qualified.

Please note, AHS does not cover specialized treatment like acupuncture, massage therapy, Intra muscular stimulation (IMS), or orthotics.
A licensed physiotherapist will assess your condition, the impact it has on your activities, predicted outcome and risk of delaying treatment. If your determination of needs score is a seven or higher, you qualify for two additional sessions.

Low income/Government subsidies

Any Albertan with valid Alberta Health Care who has qualified for physiotherapy under Alberta Health Services, may receive an additional four sessions if you fall into one of the categories:

Low income ( if you are a full time student under the age of 25 and covered under your parent/guardian Alberta Health Care or private insurance you will not qualify for low income)

Seniors benefits

Temporary Hardship

AISH (Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped)

Alberta Aids to Daily Living Cost Share Exemption

Alberta Student Finance Board Assistance

Alberta Works

Federal Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) for seniors

Special needs assistance for seniors

Fracture/surgical rehabilitation

This service is available for any Albertan with valid Alberta Health Care who suffered a fracture and attended physiotherapy within two weeks of the cast or mobilization being removed. This also applies to Albertan’s who have had surgery and attended physiotherapy within six weeks of the surgery. Some surgeries are not included in the orthopaedic funding. In some cases, these conditions can be waived. Please contact us if you need further information.

Medical referral not necessary

No wait time to access this service

Motor vehicle collision injury

If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident (MVA), whether you were at fault or not, you are entitled to accident benefits.You should contact us as soon as possible after your accident. You do not need a medical referral. You should know that you can choose a physiotherapist of your choice, even though your insurance company may suggest for you to attend a certain facility.

We will help simplify the process for you. We will help you:

We will work with you to complete the necessary forms, such as your AB-1 from

We will complete the required AB-2 form

Complete initial assessment and decide if your injury is a WAD I, II, III, or IV, then we will inform you of what your funding options are

If you fall into minor injury of diagnostic treatment protocol, we can directly bill your insurance company for you

If you sustained a WAD I or WAD II injury, you can qualify for up to 10 or 21 treatments respectively.

If you have any questions, please ask us. We will work with you each step of your rehabilitation.

Worker's Compensation Board (WCB) Funding

If you were injured at work, your injury and physiotherapy can be covered by WCB. The initial physiotherapy assessment and first treatment will be covered by WCB. Once your claim is accepted and your physiotherapy treatment is approved, you qualify for up to 21 treatments to be completed within six weeks. You must report your injury and see a doctor as soon as possible.

Steps to follow for an injury suffered at work:

1. Notify your employer as soon as possible. You should complete a worker injury report. After receiving your notice, your employer must report your injury to WCB Alberta (hyperlink) within 72 hours.

2. See your health care provider as soon as possible and inform them that you were injured at work. Your doctor must report your injury to WCB within 48 hours.

3. Report WCB. Contact WCB Alberta about your injury and they will send the necessary forms you need right away. You can get the forms from your employer or find them online as well. Report WCB. Contact WCB Alberta about your injury and they will send the necessary forms you need right away. You can get the forms from your employer or find them online as well.

Your resources:

Access the WCB Alberta website

Private physical therapy services

This may be the best option if you want to access physiotherapy right away without any waiting period. Your extended health benefits may cover you for physiotherapy and related services.

You may want to use this funding option for:


Massage therapy



The clinic policy requires payment after every treatment. We will be happy to help you complete any necessary forms for your insurance company..

ASEBP, RCMP, Veterans Affairs

No wait list

Medical referral not required

You need to co-pay the balance of the treatment cost

We can direct bill ASEBP

You need to bring the necessary information with you to allow us to bill

We will help you fill out the necessary forms for reimbursement for RCMP and Veterans Affairs claims

View All Testimonials

Home | About Us | Products | Testimonials | FAQs | Conditions | Services | Careers | Facilities | Funding | Contact Us | Sitemap

© Copyright 2011 Eastgate Physiotherapy. All rights reserved.

Powered by WeblinkIndia.Net website designing and development company